THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
VIETNAM WAR 50th ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION
About the Program
In Accordance With Public Law 110-181 SEC.598; the 2008 National Defense Authorization Act authorized the Secretary of Defense to conduct a program to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War and "in conducting the commemorative program, the Secretary shall coordinate, support, and facilitate other programs and activities of the Federal Government, State and local governments, and other persons and organizations in commemoration of the Vietnam War."
The Secretary of Defense shall determine the schedule of major events and priority of efforts for the commemorative program, in order to ensure achievement of the objectives specified in Law.
The commemorative program will include activities and ceremonies to achieve the following objectives:
- To thank and honor veterans of the Vietnam War, including personnel who were held as prisoners of war (POW), or listed as missing in action (MIA), for their service and sacrifice on behalf of the United States and to thank and honor the families of these veterans.
- To highlight the service of the Armed Forces during the Vietnam War and the contributions of Federal agencies and governmental and non-governmental organizations that served with, or in support of, the Armed Forces.
- To pay tribute to the contributions made on the home front by the people of the United States during the Vietnam War.
- To highlight the advances in technology, science, and medicine related to military research conducted during the Vietnam War.
- To recognize the contributions and sacrifices made by the allies of the United States during the Vietnam War.
Synepuxent Post 166 and the Commemoration
Synepuxent Post 166 has become a Commemorative partner and has agreed to participate in at least two events a year to honor the 50th Anniversary of the Viernam War. Please check back with this web site to see what the scheduled events are. More inforation will be on Page 2. You can also see what it is all about by going to the National Site at http://www.vietnamwar50th.com or you can "Like" the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/vietnamwar50th or even Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/vietnamwar50th, those two sites will give you "what's happening" information. Also the The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration Commemorative Partner Program puts out a newsletter, just click HERE to see the latest one. Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see what Synepuxent Post 166 has planned.
Dedication and Tribute to the Vietnam Veterans.
Watch "Vietnam Tribute "Reflections" - Amherst, Ohio"